The Church of the Advent can be likened to a “village church”–in the heart of it all, located at the crossroads of Broadway, Baxter Avenue, and Cherokee Road, connecting downtown Louisville and the Highlands neighborhoods. We are a proud part of our historic neighborhood. We welcome all who seek a meaningful, transforming connection with God and with others to join us in worship and service—or even just to visit.
The Church of the Advent shares the rich religious tradition of the Episcopal Church. We gather in a beautiful gothic-style building. On Sundays, our 8:30 a.m. Holy Eucharist offers a quiet worship service for those who enjoy getting an early start on the day, while our 10:30 a.m. Holy Eucharist, which offers childcare year-round and Children’s Sunday School (September through May), is filled with music and features our choir and pipe organ. On Thursday evenings at 7:00 p.m. (September through June), we gather by candlelight for a contemplative prayer service incorporating meditative singing and silence.
We welcome all who want to make a difference in their own lives and the life of the world and who seek good news in God’s word—as well as those who may not be too sure about what they seek. Whoever you are, wherever you are on your life’s journey, you are welcome among us.
Connect with Us
Here are some ways for you to connect:
- Join us for worship at 8:30 AM and 10:30 AM on Sundays.
- Fill out a Visitor Card in your pew, indicate areas of interest on the card, and leave it with a staff member or volunteer.
- Check out our communications. Subscribe to our spiritually-uplifting weekly e-newsletter, “This Week @Advent” through the website or by calling Debbi Rodahaffer, Minister for Parish Life, by emailing her at email@example.com or by calling 502.451.6066.
- Ask to meet with Fr. Tim (coffee at Quills always an option) or attend a newcomer’s event. Feel free to contact Fr. Tim at FrTim@AdventKy.org.
- Talk to one of our other clergy or staff. We would be delighted to talk with you about the Church, your life and faith, or opportunities for involvement at Church of the Advent. Please visit our Clergy or Staff pages.
- Like our Facebook Page!